Are you tired of people bombarding you with their sales calls day after day? In this article you will find out why they are relentless and what they’re not telling about solar.
Most people will say who they are and what they do but rarely do they say why they’re doing what they do.
The general idea people have of solar is that it’s too expensive and if I move I can’t sell my home. This is not true.
Most people that approach you with solar only have one job and that is to set an appointment. Then another person comes back to sell you solar and it’s not what the first guy told you it would be.
I’ve been in the solar industry for almost 5 years now and I see this happening all the time. So many people will say anything just to set up the appointment. Homeowners are then misinformed and now they are left with a bad experience with solar.
In general we see solar energy or renewable energy as a good thing. Then why is it that so many people still don’t have solar? We will cover that here as well.
So first of all most people trying to sell you solar are misinformed themselves. They are not telling you why they believe every homeowner should have solar because they don’t have that answer.
There are a lot of misconceptions about what solar is and how it works. This is caused by companies that don’t train their employees with the right information.
Here are a list of things that they are not telling you at the door or on the phone:
1. Only one program- There are many different programs that help make solar affordable. In many cases if you qualify it’s zero down and there’s no lien against your home. Most companies will only tell you about one or two programs because that’s all they know and all they can offer.
2. Low bills- Most companies will tell you if your bill is not $100 or more than they can’t help you. That might be true for their company but not for solar in general. There are specific programs that can help homeowners with bills as low as $70.
3. Two bills- Too often I hear people say I don’t want solar because I’d have to pay for solar and my electricity bill. This is not true. When you go solar, your payment for electricity goes away. Then you have a new payment for solar that is 20-40% lower than your old electric bill. You’ll still get a statement from the electric company and a grid fee($8-12) because you will still be connected to the grid.
4. Annual Escalator- There are many companies that say “we will lock in your prices for electricity for the next 20 years.” But many times they don’t tell people that their program has a 2.9% annual escalator meaning their electric rate will go up 2.9% every year.
5. Quality of life- The most important one of all is how much your quality of life will improve by going solar with the right program. They’re just trying to make the sale and they only talking about savings. Savings is important but more than that I believe helping families to be able to own their power, use it freely and not having to worry about ridiculous power bills is a huge factor when going solar.
At the end of the day the goal of this article is to help you better understand the benefits of solar. We believe that every home is different and has different needs.
That’s where Lux Energy Consulting comes in, we’ll also do a free consultation for your home to find out what your needs are. Then we can match you up with the best company and program that will fit your needs best. We work with the best companies in your area to provide you with quality products and service.
Sign up today for a FREE CONSULTATION and we will also do a free energy analysis to see what is draining the most power in your home with our special tool we have to measure electric usage.
Thank you for taking the time to read this article! Don’t forget to like our page on FB and share this article with friends and family